|"Gotta map it!" |
This article is missing key information, making it a stub. You can help by expanding it.
|Evolution of Craig||Gallery||Transcript|
Craig rescues a tadpole and decides to raise him into a level 100 frog!
The episode starts with Craig talking and walking with Grandpa Earl and Bernard about this book he has to read for the summer called Time Will Till and tells him about it. Craig feels disappointed about his boring book. Bernard then teases Craig about him thinking he would get a comic book for the summer. Grandpa Earl then tells Bernard to take his car since he has to go to work.
Craig and Grandpa Earl start to walk back to the house when Craig spots something in a small pond.
- This episode contains numerous references to the Pokémon franchise.
- The capsule Craig throws at the tadpole represents a Poké Ball.
- The evolution animation has a jingle and animation nearly identical to that of Pokémon Red and Blue.
- Craig's tadpole learning new things as it changes also happens in-game.
- The "Who's that Creek Kid" segment is a reference to the "Who's that Pokémon" segment before ad breaks in the Pokémon anime.
- Craig's battle against Kelsey and J.P. resembles a Pokémon battle.
- The scene in which Craig imagines what fifth grade will be like resembles a Pokémon's evolution sequence.
- Time Will Till, the book that Craig has as a summer read for fifth grade that he describes as being about a farmer who is old, is a reference to John Steinbeck's realist Great Depression-era novel The Grapes of Wrath.